Friday, March 19, 2010

Travel Season Begins!

from Emily Bryan. . .

In February of 2007, I wrapped my car around a lightpole on the way to a speaking engagement for the Iowa Romance Novelists. (I want to send a shout out to them today since Des Moines is flooding. Stay dry, girls!) Since then, I don't schedule any writing gigs that involve winter travel. But with each spring, my travel season begins. I love connecting with readers and writers, so here's my speaking and signing itinerary for the coming months:

March 26-27: NECRWA's Let Your Imagination Take Flight
Sheraton Tara, Framingham, MA

April 17, 2010 ~ Maine RWA Chapter
Curtis Memorial Library, 23 Pleasant Street, Brunswick

April 24, 2010 ~ Connecticut Fiction Fest
Sheraton Four Points, Meriden, CT
I'll share my new "My Husband married a Hooker" workshop on adding writing hooks to your prose.

April 26-May 1, 2010 ~ Romantic Times Convention
Columbus, Ohio
I'll be part of the HOW TO BE A BLOG QUEEN panel, help host a Mad Hatter Tea Party and have a ball with readers and writing buddies all week in Columbus, Ohio! Plan now to join me! The parties and workshops are great during the convention, but if you want more hands-on writing craft help, sign up for the pre-conference, Aspiring Writers Workshops. For two extra days, I'll teach along with New York Times Bestseller, Bobbi Smith and Judi McCoy.

How to be a Blog Queen Thursday, April 29th from 11:15 - 12:15
The Internet is a treasure chest of promo opportunities — and a potential minefield. Learn how to negotiate cyberspace for maximum exposure for minimal dollars, while avoiding shooting yourself in the cyber-foot! With John Scalzi and JA Konrath onboard, this panel is destined to be lively and entertaining!

July 28-31,2010 ~ RWA National Conference, Nashville, Tennessee
I'll be part of a panel discussing "Writing as:The Trials of a Schitzophrenic Author." More and more writers use multiple pen names. Come learn when it makes good business sense.

I'll also join 400+ authors who are participating in the charity Literacy signing. Good time guaranteed!

So will I be coming to a town near you? Are you attending any of these conferences? If you're attending a different conference, when and where will you be?

13 comments:

Kendra March 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

I'll be seeing you at RT. Can't wait!

Anna Carrasco Bowling March 19, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Can't believe LYITF is only a week away. See you there!

EmilyBryan March 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Yay, Kendra! Do you have your hat for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party yet?

EmilyBryan March 19, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

I really enjoy our local New England Chapter RWA conference. It's the best run regional conference I've ever attended. See you there, Anna!

Gillian Layne March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Do you usually present at all the conferences you attend, or do you go to any just as a participant (which I would think would be more of a vacation for you?)

EmilyBryan March 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

I'm not signed up to pitch or present or anything at the NEC conference. I'll be signing at the bookfair, but otherwise, I'll just be supporting my writing buds. For all the others, I'm speaking or presenting workshops.

librarypat March 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

I was hoping to be a volunteer at RWA, but discovered you had to be a registered attendee in order to volunteer. Too bad, I'm not a writer or an aspiring one. Since I just heard of RWA last year about the time of the last conference, I was not very familiar with just what it was and how things worked. Since I have non-refundable reservations in Nashville for that week, I might try to attend the literacy sale event if it is open to the public.

EmilyBryan March 20, 2010 at 5:31 AM  

Pat--Yes! The booksigning is open to the public and it always goes to a literacy charity. The publishers and authors donate their profits from all the sales. What fun it would be to see you there!

Kim in Hawaii March 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Emily, I am sorry to miss you at RT - the Mad Hatter Tea Party sounds so much fun! But my husband has a business trip to Nashville, so I have to stay on island with our children. I look forward to meeting you at the RWA National Convention (my turn to travel to Nashville).

For LibraryPat, the RWA book fair is amazing! Don't be discouraged by the long line to get into the room (or visit your favorite authors). The lines go quickly and the authors are patient to meet all of their fans!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner March 23, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

I'll see you at RWA, Em! (I'm doing two workshops there, one with our own Bonnie Vanak.) I have to miss RT this year, but I will be at Desert Dreams in Scottsdale, AZ (such a terrific conference!), speaking and signing there too. If Desert Dreams wasn't also in April, I might have been able to swing RT, but no. Too much writing to do!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner March 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

BTW, Emily, you ARE the blog queen. I bite at blogs, LOL. I admire how much you do.

EmilyBryan March 25, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

Kim--Oh, to have to stay "on island!" I've been to Hawaii twice and would go again in a heartbeat.

I hope I'll get to meet you in Nashville!!!

EmilyBryan March 25, 2010 at 3:55 AM  

Hi Jenn! I'll be in the front row for you and Bonnie!

I've heard such good things about the AZ conference. Have fun!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP