Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The canine plot to stop Bonnie from starting her book



Cookie: "So Dolce, how are we going to do this? Stop Bonnie from starting her new book?"


Dolce: "I dunno. I'm too busy thinking how nice and warm this bed is. My paws are still cold, though. Think we can steal that extra blanket?"


Cookie: "Pay attention. We have to plan. You know what happens when Bonnie starts a new book. She gets like that look in her eyes and everything else takes second place. Even us! This time, we're not gonna let it happen."


Dolce: "Yeah, she'll forget to give me dog biscuits. Then I'll have to rely on Frank for dog biscuits and man, it's cold on my paws at 5:30 in the morning when I chase him into the kitchen when he's leaving for work, just for a lousy dog biscuit. Maybe we can kill the computer. I hate that laptop. BTW, good move last night on crawling into her lap and stepping all over the keyboard."


Cookie: "Thanks. No way am I letting a stupid computer take over my favorite spot. I don't know about killing the computer. The thing is gasping its last anyway. Last night when I stepped on the keyboard, the 'T' and 'F' keys stuck. She bought a new computer to replace it."


Dolce: "But I heard her telling Frank she has to wait for some device to upload her software. I think it's coming in the mail this week. Can we attack the mail carrier? Or just growl fiercely at her?"


Cookie: "It's an option, but we'd have to figure out how to escape the house first and honestly, I'm too comfy to brave the weather. Plus, you growl too cute. You need to deepen it, like a Rottie."

Dolce: "You know, we may not have to do anything. She keeps saying she's starting the book, but she hasn't written anything yet. It's like the Christmas tree. They say they're taking it down and they don't."

Cookie: "But sooner or later that book will get started, and that tree will come down. And when the tree comes down, the stuffed Coca Cola bear ornament is mine. I'm staking my claim."

Dolce: "Don't get your puppy pads in a wad, you can have it, just stay away from my squeaky toys. Now, about the book, I've seen this happen before. She hasn't displayed any of the signs yet."

Cookie: "Like what?"

Dolce: "She's not talking to us about her characters. You know how she'll tell us stuff about the hero when she's folding laundry? Or how she'll play this music she thinks reflects the mood of the book? Or how she'll make notes all over the place about stuff and go around muttering, 'The hero needs more internal conflict.' Whatever that is."

Cookie: "You're right. I remember the last book. That vampire book? Remember how she looked through magazines for photos of the setting? She hasn't done that yet, either. She is going to Haiti in two weeks, maybe she's waiting until she comes back?"

Dolce: "I think it's this weather. This is Florida and it's been 37 degrees night after night. It's frozen her brain cells and I can't unthaw my paws. So why don't we just forget about trying to stop her from starting the book, there's no danger of that now, and settle down in their bed and snooze? We'll think of a plan tomorrow."

Cookie: "Good point. Things always look better in the morning."

Dolce: "Especially after a nice dog biscuit."




7 comments:

Joy Nash January 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

LOL, Bonnie, I have a canine plotter here, too. Likes to nudge my hands off the keyboard.

EmilyBryan January 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Too cute. My terrier Mack also stepped on the keyboard once and took the little "Up" arrow right off!

Now he's decided if he can't beat 'em, join 'em. If I don't assume the writing position soon enough, he dogs me around the condo until I settle into the writing chair where he can claim the coveted "left side."

That used to be my little Susie's spot, but we lost her last November (17 years is pretty old for a puppy, but it still went too fast.) It took Mack a couple weeks to switch over to Susie's side of the recliner. He kept expecting to find her there, I think.

You can see a pic of us in the chair at My Writing Space Page.

Gillian Layne January 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

My cat is all over this. His main goal in life is to lay across my arms once I've decided to type.

So glad to see you here, Bonnie--in the states--and not in Haiti. It is heartbreaking, but I'm so glad you are safe.

Cindy Holby January 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Izzy sees my laptop and thinks its her own personal heated bed. Maddie thinks my desk is her own personal petting pedestal. Cody however is very patient and doesn't say a word until he has to go potty. He's looking out for me. Because I honestly would not get out of the chair if not for him.

Gerri Russell January 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Bonnie, Thanks for the chuckle. I swear, you could write about the phone book and it would be hysterical!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner January 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Your dogs have been talking to my cats. Mine have learned to stand at the other end of the house and howl until the windows break while I'm in the middle of an intense scene.

JanetKay Gallagher January 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

lol,Lol,LOL
Cute.The doggies plotting against you. You could make it into a children's book. The Dog Plotters.
or Canine Capers.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP