Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I've been dumped!



DH and I were in a Barnes and Noble this weekend, and that's when I saw it.

Midnight Cravings
was sitting in a freestanding display, along with the other Nocturne Bites anthology, Awakening the Beast.

I've been dumped.

Yay!

A dump is a term for a freestanding book display. Midnight Cravings is the collection of Nocturne Bites that features my story, Broken Souls, along with Bites by Michele Hauf, Lori Devoti, Karen Whiddon, Vivi Anna and Anna Leonard.

It was very cool seeing my book there. I told my husband, "Wow look, it's the first time I've been in a dump and it doesn't smell like garbage."

He just looked at me and gave me that indulgent smile. DH knows what I'm talking about.

You see, I visit garbage dumps all the time for the day job. I've been in dumps in Nicaragua, Jamaica, Honduras, El Salvador... all the countries where I travel to get stories of poor people so I can write letters and newsletters to raise money to help them.


Next week I'll be in Haiti, and the scene there is a far cry from the dump at Barnes and Noble.

It's exciting for me as an author to be in a dump... a bookstore one, that is.

Next week, I won't have internet access. However, starting Monday, Oct. 19, eHarlequin will feature my free online read, SEDUCING THE VAMPIRE. This story features Indigo, a half-vampire, half-werewolf.

Raphael, hero of my new Nocturne, Immortal Wolf, also makes an appearance.

You can read all of the online serials at eHarlequin for free. Just click here to access their website.

3 comments:

EmilyBryan October 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

Congratulations on your dump-ness! That's fabulous, Bonnie!

Carol L. October 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I'll second that Bonnie. :)
I think it's amazing what you do in your job. But do be careful.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Gerri Russell October 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Bonnie,

You are a marvel! And the "dump" is a very good thing. Congrats!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP